Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fear and (not so much) loathing on Blogger...continued from below

I appreciate your comments to my little missive from Thursday night. In short, as long as things are under my control (i.e., if the powers that be at Google don't pull the plug) Wilfully Obscure won't be going anywhere. In the meantime, I've already backed up the text and links in all posts to date to a big fat MS Word doc. While I don't sense this blog is in immediate danger of being terminated, I'm not going to take any chances. This means if something is available on iTunes, Emusic, Amazon downloads, etc, don't expect to find it here. From what I understand, Wordpress is indeed more of a killjoy than Blogger. Ultimately, I would prefer to move everything over to my own domain, but being that I'm HTML illiterate makes that an impossibility, at least for the moment. Am already looking into text-to-HTML software programs. If any of you have any suggestions feel free to advise. Otherwise, onto more music

3 comments:

G said...

Did you tried Tumblr already?

speeb said...

I think many hosts offer one-click installs of Wordpress. I have sites hosted with Dreamhost - decent, cheap, takes minimal effort to set up Wordpress and change the theme to one of your liking. DH is like $10/mo and you get a free domain name for life.

Not to sound like an advert, I've just been happy with them for the past few years.

spavid said...

Thanks for your suggestions. Will probably be awhile if I settle on anything new.