Monday, September 20, 2010

The Few - s/t ep (1986, Criminal)

I got suckered into this one by the simple but effective record jacket (albeit marred by the radio station call letters) - that, plus the fact that it was a mere $3 investment.  Got just about my moneys worth.  The Few, presumably based in New York as this is where the label was based and the ep recorded, were a fairly non-descript pop quartet with wave/power pop tendencies, and vocals that recall Neil Finn.  I could do without the horns (courtesy of the Urban Blight Horns) on "Where's the Fire," but "Grownup" and "Romance" have their charms.

01. Grownup
02. Romance
03. Where's the Fire
04. Mrs. Charles

Hear

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh yes, I remember buying this a while back and I would say you are dead on with another insightful review...I noted that Romance was the standout here...thanks for the post..

VINYL ≡ OBSCURITY

PoodleHead2005 said...

Could you re-up this please? Thanks.

spavid said...

The link has been updated.