Saturday, February 14, 2015

Lush - 10/10/91, North London Polytechnic

What better way to cap off a week of dream-gazer tidings than with a Lush concert?  I don't think I've posted anything by them prior to tonight.  If your experience was anything like mine, Lush summoned your rapt attention via the video for "Sweetness and Light."  One sighting on 120 Minutes back in 1991 or thereabouts and I was hooked.  Gala, their collection of early eps and such quickly became a staple, and I even got to see their opening slot on the '92 Lollapalooza outing (made for an odd segue into Pearl Jam, that's for sure).   At any rate, this gig is from my favorite era of the band.  A decent enough audience recording.  Will consider posting this in FLAC at some point, but for now 320 kbps it is. Dig in.

01. Stray
02. Thoughtforms
03. Bitter
04. Breeze
05. Laura
06. God's Gift
07. Etheriel
08. Nothing Natural
09. For Love
10. Covert
11. De-Luxe
12. Second Sight
13. Downer
14. Leaves Me Cold
15. Monochrome
16. Sweetness and Light

Hear

6 comments:

dgen said...

Wow yeah I haven't heard live lush since 92 at lollapolooza..didnt jesus and Mary chain play that tour as well? Thanks!

spavid said...

They did. Given the breadth and depth of J&MC, seeing them play for 30 minutes at a festival hardly counts, but I got to see them twice afterward.

Unknown said...

Could you possible re-upload study of the lifeless s/t I've been looking everywhere for it.

spavid said...

I just fixed the link Ben.

Unknown said...

Brilliant thanks a lot.

Pino said...

Long shot, but might you be able to re-upload this in your lossless format? T'would be sincerely appreciated.