Thursday, February 9, 2017

White Sisters - singles & tape (1985-89)

I recently had a request for the White Sisters.  I shared a cassette by them about six years ago, and am presenting it here along with both sides of two singles.  I have more material by them to share in the not-to-distant future, but at the very least this is a start.  There's precious little more elaboration I can offer on these Madison, WI popsters that I didn't lay out in my original W/S post.  Though denizens of the industrial midwest, the Sisters might as well have been sharing flexdiscs with overseas counterparts like the June Brides and the Bodines.  This combo wielded a pronounced Anglophile tact, but they did so without sounding slavish to the originators they seemingly took their cues from.  And did I mention that virtually any song they left their fingerprints on turned to gold?  Enjoy.

Kind Words From... 7" (1985, Boat)
A. Nothing Out There
B. Misery, Me and you

Big Girl 7" (1989, Picturebook)
A. Big Girl
B. Love Like Lead

cassette (bonus to Kind Words 7")
01. All is More
02. Lazy
03. Some Folk's Fear
04. The Tastes That Rule

Hear

2 comments:

lucky said...

As a long time Honeybunch fan I thank you for this.
Now if I could only find those Leamington Spa comps.
I had 1-6, but damned if I can find them

tomdotkom said...

Would love refresh of this material - hard to track down!