Sunday, December 19, 2021

V/A - Songs From the Streaming Audio folder, pt. 2

When I introduced the first installment of this series in October I wasn't sure if many of you would take to it, but to my surprise a couple hundred of you did. So here's volume two in what is likely going to be followed up of two more tranches of some of the rarest audio on my hard drive, the bulk of which I had to record in real-time from audio streams. Click on the link above for a more in-depth explanation of what I'm referring to, but in a nutshell, not all music existing on the web can necessarily be captured with a simple click and "save." Gong to these extra lengths to extricate audio in this guise poses a little more legwork on my end, but the rewards can be substantial.

In this folder I cover letters G through M.  The tracks aren't in any numerical order, and as was the case last time I'm not providing a tracklist, but here's a few spoilers. Should you be daring enough to download this set you'll be treated to a rare demos by Haircut 100, Guided by Voices and Monsterland, plus juicy live nuggets from some of my personal "small of fame" favorites Motion City Soundtrack and The Lives of Famous Men. There are covers galore with God's Reflex, Hit Squad, Jeff Caudill of Gameface and My Vitriol all getting in on the fun. A deeper dive into the folder will reveal a Juliana Hatfield outtake, and deep vintage power pop cuts courtesy of Mr. Nice Guy and Hot Bodies. And for my final giveaway, check out author/attorney Mike Papantonio's blistering and thoroughly brilliant critique of has-been Republican celebrities, circa the 2012 election.  Enjoy. 

Hear

No comments: