Sunday, June 12, 2022

Tree Fort Angst – Tilting At Windmills ep (1995, Bus Stop)

Personal recommendations are powerful and downright essential in getting the word out about new and emerging artists, and although I knew of the existence of Tree Fort Angst in the '90s I failed to get the "message" so to speak. The band's nucleus was Terry Banks, a one-time member of  the much heralded Brit indie outfit St. Christopher. Though based in the U.S. TFA weren't to-the-core Anglophiles, but instead slotted loosely between twee and power pop.  Thoughtful as TFA's themes and winsome as their tunes were, maybe I was initially dissuaded by the band's name more than anything else, as taken literally it purveyed something of a frivolous notion. Nonetheless, better late than never and I consider myself a much belated convert, as least as far as this particular record goes, one of their last from what I understand. The bulk, if not all of their vinyl catalog has since been consolidated across a couple of CD collections, Knee-Deep In The Rococo Excess Of Tree Fort Angst and Last Page in the Book of Love.

01. Tilting at Windmills
02. Save Me
03. This is the Day
04. Why Couldn't You See This Coming?

Hear

4 comments:

Christian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christian said...

Hi! I'm looking for the album Shimmer (1995) by the band Six Day Lane. Can't find anything online but I am extremely curious to hear it. Could you please help me if possible? Cheers!

niallox said...


Hi Love what yer doing.....thought i recognised the art work from the past......keep up all your fantastic work-posts etc

Niallox

https://www.discogs.com/release/1361769-Prefab-Sprout-Lions-In-My-Own-Garden

jimmy said...

thanks for sharing us seetbelt