Saturday, February 5, 2022

The Thought - I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night 12" (1983, Index)

I'll try to get a full length onto this site sometime within the next twelve hours or so, but here's something to tide you over.  Hailing from the Netherlands and having evolved from a power-pop/pub outfit dubbed The Rousers in the early '80s, the band was rechristened The Thought and opted for a new-wavish modus-operandi...but you might not know it from this particular disk, which features a faithful execution of the Electric Prunes' "I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night," rife with a telltale, whirring keyboard line. It's backed with two b-sides that are far less psych-endebted that still manage to buck many of the new romantic trends of their era. 

A good quotient of my record collection still needs to be organized, and is so unwieldy that I'm not certain if I have anything else to offer from this outfit, but if I do I just might be inclined to share the spoils at a later date

A. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night
B1. There's a Boy (remix)
B2. Am I

Hear

1 comment:

Andy G said...

have their self titled full length. Every Single Day is a great single. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_WBSTBfXw