Sunday, January 27, 2013

Post-apocalypse update.

Just to get those of you who haven't been here in a week or so caught up, Rapidshare, my file hoster of choice for over five years has severed their alliance with me due to alleged "copyright" violations.  In doing so they have permanently locked my account, and they cannot be persuaded to let me challenge their actions.  In short, all Rapidshare links on Wilfully Obscure are officially kaput.  When I announced these unfortunate developments early last week, I made clear my intentions to keep the music coming (with a new repository for my files of course) and revive what I can from the past five and a half years. 

I'm happy to report that all files from September 2012 to today are once again active!   I've even begun to crack the nut on some of the entries for August, and hope to have all 2012 links reactivated by the middle of February.  Once that's accomplished, I need to evaluate exactly what I'll be reviving from years past.  I don't want to speculate on anything at this point, but if there's something in particular you're hankering for I'm up for requests.  Even if it's a title you've already downloaded that you think is fit to be preserved for future listeners, feel free to clue me in on those as well.  Thanks for your patience and support.  Here's hoping the rest of 2013 won't be a drag.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

For safety you should hide your links (with http://lix.in/ for example), copyright trolls are not above submitting false DMCA take-down requests, I know from experience :(

spavid said...

Hey pb. I've seen other bloggers tag their links with http://lix.in as you've specified, but I have no idea how to go about. Can you fill me in? Thanks.

Death Breath said...

It's great that you aren't letting the proverbial man get you down.

spavid said...

Actually pb, I took the DIY route and figured it out for myself. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Lucas Gelati said...

A compilation I really liked and downloaded from your site was the Neapolitan Metropolitan box. If you could re-up that one it would be nice, it's a great record.

spavid said...

Oh yeah. That one's coming back - just you wait.

joseph kyle said...

Liquorice's "Stalls" EP would be great to have....

cody666 said...

I just found this blog. ton of stuff i would love to download.

cody666 said...

I just found this blog. ton of stuff i would love to download.

binkerbo said...

Thanks for everything that you do!