Tommy Keene has been a relatively frequent mention on Wilfully Obscure, and three years ago when Second Motion Records released his two-disk, career spanning set, You Hear Me - A Retrospective 1983-2009, I offered a rather charitable assessment of it. And why not, considering the man has given us album after stellar album of intoxicating guitar pop? As if the 42 tracks occupying that collection weren't enough, Second Motion had a pre-order bonus prior to it's release - an exclusive digital collection of ten Keene rarities. I for one wasn't about to pass up on the offer, and it was probably the best decision I made that month. Suffice to say that promo has long come and gone, and as such, I'm placing it directly at your fingertips. Live cuts, demos, etc. The tracklist below tells the story. Hope you enjoy.
01. Places That Are Gone (alt mix by Bill Wittman from Songs From The Film)
02. Stuck On A Ship (Demo 1983 from Dolphin Places That Are Gone EP)
03. Fall Down Too (Unreleased track from T-Bone/Don Dixon album recorded July 1984)
04. All Your Love Will Stay (Home Demo 1999)
05. Eyes of Youth (Home Demo 1999)
06. Never Really Been Gone (Live in Chicago 1998)
07. Nothing Is Grey (demo 1982)
08. Call One Me (Live at Campbell University NC - 1996)
09. Compromise (Live at Campbell University NC - 1996)
10. Love Is A Dangerous Thing / Brad's Boogie (Live at Campbell University NC - 1996)
GRIN - st LP w I + I LP w All Out LP 73 w Gone Crazy LP 73 w NILS LOFGREN - st LP 75 w Back It Up!! Live Authorized Boot LP 75 w Cry Tough LP 76 w Best Of LP 76 w I Came To Dance LP 77 w st LP 79 w Night Fades Away LP 81 w Wonderland LP 83 - REPOST Request: Came the closest to being a guitarist for the Rolling Stones and even wrote a tune about Keith Richards, and was inducted into the AZ Mu...
21 minutes ago