Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Junk Monkeys - Firehouse (1987, Happy Face)

It appears my turntable is sick, so this might be the last vinyl I'm able to share for a spell (though I hear a tape deck can be a lot of fun).  My apologies if the audio quality is a tad compromised.  Firehouse is the first album by the Junk Monkeys, a band I've been touting the virtues for eons on here, and in fact, this is the only record by them I haven't shared heretofore.  Deliberately or not, this long departed (but occasionally reunited) Detroit foursome came across as Replacements proteges, and amazingly, over the course of four albums their development was loosely in tandem with the Mats reluctant slouch to maturity.  This isn't their finest moment, but in some respects it's the Monkeys at their most candid and sincere, rawking out with brotherly spirit and abandon.  "Everything Remains the Same," "Lost My Faith," and "Anywhere With You" weren't anthems shooting for the nosebleeds so much as the pool tables - and that was perfectly ok with me as well as the other couple thousand earholes that absorbed these nine grooves.  Enjoy, and check out he remainder of the JM oeuvre via the link above.

01.  Lost My Faith
02. Anywhere With You
03. Whaddaya Know
04. Lookin for Fun
05. Fever Riot
06. Round and Round
07. Front Row Park
08. Tying Up Daytimes
09. Everything Remains the Same

Hear

12 comments:

Matt said...

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I've been a big JM fan since 1991 too. I wasn't aware of anything prior to Firehouse or anything post monkeys. Looking forward to checking them out.

John Adam said...

your article is good information. i very like it, keep it up..

This is Dope

Sarah Edward said...

Thanks for sharing your post and it was superb .I would like to hear more from you in future too.

Stone White - Groove Thang

philipkotler11 said...

I just came across to reading your blog it serve very useful information about the interiors thank u
Xavier White - On My Way On Music Video

Anonymous said...

You have a very good site, well constructed and very interesting i have bookmarked you, hopefully you keep posting new stuff, many thanks
Viz Dawg - Get Me The Ball

Anonymous said...

Post is very informative,It helped me with great information so I really believe you will do much better in the future.
video marketing

Jr. Williams said...

I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
El Futuro Es One'

Anonymous said...

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration.
J.Juice - Warm It Up

Jr. Williams said...

"Thanks for your refreshingly straight talk on this amazing topic .
"
inspiring motivational video

Jr. Williams said...

Can you please provide more information on this subject? BTW your blog is great. Cheers.
best mixtape sites

Petersons said...

Wow!nice article and containing allot of information about the music well done.

Hip hop Songs

Andrew Carter said...

Very informative site, i must bookmark it, keep posting interesting articles

Van Breda 2017 Songs