Saturday, June 16, 2012

Various - The G-Spot: The letter "G" folder mix

Link has been updated!

It's going to be another day or two until I have the chance to rip more analog goods, so in the meantime I thought I'd give you the next installment of a little series I began last year.  Adhering to the same theme as my "H" "O" and "P" folder mixes from a few months back, this sixteen song collection of disparate artists have only one thing in common - the first letter of their respective monikers.  For almost every complete album I have by an artist on my hard drive, I store just as many random one-off songs by artists I don't have a dedicated folder to.  These random one-offs have been corralled into "letter folders" A through Z.  As was the case with the previous entries I'm not going to publish the track list, but I will give away a few spoilers. 

There are some interesting covers this time around - The Germs tackle PiL's theme song "Public Image,"   Golden Smog remake my favorite Brian Wilson solo song and Gov't Mule do a fine interpretation of Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer."  GG Allin delivers a minute-and-a-half of wonton debauchery, later, it's onto a demo version of Gary Numan's revered signature song, while Gazing at Laces and Gloria (the band) serve up some tasty emo rock.  Also included are late-60's also-rans, Grapefruit, a slice of smokin' riff-n-roll courtesy of Good Rats, and Gloritone take us on an acoustic spin of one of the highlight tracks from their Cup Runneth Over LP.  Enjoy (or not).

Hear

2 comments:

J. Loslo said...

Okay, maybe I'm crazy, but this looks like the "O" list. I'll check it out, with thanks, but the "G" list looks like fun...

spavid said...

Thanks for catching that J! The link has been fixed.