Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rain Dogs - 1987 demo

I have nary a shred of info to offer on this 24-year-old Minneapolis/St. Paul relic other than it rocks in that crunchy, four chord, semi-punky sorta way.  There are subtle nods to homeboys done good, the Replacements, but based on this live demo the Rain Dogs were still cutting their collective teeth.  Earnest, a little wet behind the ears, yet somehow still substantive.  Comment as you see fit.

01. Trip Back Down
02. Last Time, This Time
03. Tell Me the Time
04. Talking to An Angel

Hear

3 comments:

S Fuqua said...

wow...I played bass in this band and I think I sang on one track...link deleted--wilfully obscure indeed

spavid said...

Thanks for checking in! Didn't realize the link was dead. Just updated it. As far as the tunes go, you did damn good. Was there anything else by the Rain Dogs?

S Fuqua said...

This was the only tape we made...changed our name to The Stragglers and made one more demo, I think.