Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Band 19 - Dictate ep (1985, Modern Method)

So far as I know, this was the only record released by Boston's Band 19 (not counting a single that contained the first two tracks on this ep). A scant five songs, but they make each one count. Punchy, reverb-esque rock and roll that would sound right at home on left of the dial outlets like WERS, where on the station's Metrowave program, Band 19 committed to tape this ep's vigorous, riff-rock closer "No Why."

01. Your Eyes
02. Animal Grey
03. When It's Over
04. Don't Want Anymore
05. No Why

Hear

5 comments:

Kell said...

Thanks so much! I've been looking for this EP for decades, ever since I heard Band 19 live on "The Late Risers Club" on WMBR in Cambridge back in the 80s.

EB said...

Love to get this re-posted. On a major Richie Parsons kick right now.

spavid said...

Link has been fixed.

Anonymous said...

The link is down again! I'd give anything to hear more from this Boston band!

Loudandnasty said...

Howdy again from San Francisco. As you are one of the two best bloggers who post kick ass music and do the re-up shit, I request respectively for one of this album, for I have, and am now sharing two ripping shows I got off the awesome Noise Addiction blog and that turned me onto this band in the first place and I'm so glad it happened because they rock really hard and I would love to hear their recorded shit if you would be so kind. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www108.zippyshare.com/v/uO6y2tRN/file.html
https://www108.zippyshare.com/v/Z1V0kSP0/file.html