Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Replacements - How Did the Vomit Get Up on the Ceiling?

Since my last Mats upload (Boink!!) was such a roaring success, I've decided to follow it up with this 26 track collection, predominately consisting of demos and outtakes for the Tim and Pleased To Meet Me albums, although there are a few b-sides from subsequent albums included as well. Sorry for the lame sleeve. Wasn't my design. Enjoy. By next weekend I will/may/possibly resume posting on a more consistent basis. Cheers.

01-Intro
02-Nevermind
03-Alex Chilton
04-Red Red Wine
05-Kick It In
06-Valentine (Instrumental)
07-Run For The Country
08-Going Out Of My Head
09-Trouble On The Way
10-Make This Your Home
11-The Ledge
12-IOU
13-Nightclub Jitters
14-Can't Hardly Wait
15-Learn How To Fail
16-Valentine
17-Skyway
18-I Don't Know
19-Red Red Wine
20-Shooting Dirty Pool
21-Cool Water
22-Route 66 (From B-Side Of "Alex Chilton")
23-Tossin' And Turnin' (B-Side Of German "The Ledge")
24-Ought To Get Love (Don't Tell A Soul Outtake)
25-Kissing In Action (All Shook Down Outtake)
26-Outro

Comments

10 comments:

bob said...

thank you-thank you-and thank you

Brushback said...

Yeah, this Replacements stuff you're posting is really, really cool. I've had a lot of these tracks, but not all of them. Thanks for taking the time.

SeñorDolor said...

Great stuff. Thanks! Ditto for the retooled Boink. Its funny that 23 years on I'd still be as much into these guys as I was back then.

By the way, here are some high resolution cover scans courtesy of the great site Color Me Impressed.

http://colormeimpressed.com/covers/
mats_vomitontheceilinga.jpg

http://colormeimpressed.com/covers/
mats_vomitontheceilingb.jpg

Hella Ted said...

Thank you!!!

Any Replacement live shows you can post? I'm looking for the show w/ Alex Chilton from '85 or '86.

Unknown said...

Anyone know what year this was put out?

SomosUno said...

I think this came out in 1996 or 1997, from memory.

SomosUno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spavid said...

The link has been updated.

Eric said...

can you re-post this please?

spavid said...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/krcsn33tz6i26vd/hurl.rar/file