Wednesday, May 3, 2023

VA - Every One a Classic!!! Vol. 3

Before I head out for a brief vacation, I thought I'd set you up with the third volume in the Every One a Classic!!! compilation series. I presented the first two installments a little over a month ago and there are six in total. In a nutshell, and invisible force of some sort across the pond had the good sense to compile a bunch of immensely scarce, not to mention expensive UK powerpop and punk singles spanning 1977-81. The emphasis here is a little more on the punk side of the aisle, but I wouldn't expect any hardcore. For the most part, the fifteen bands involved are fully capable of carrying something resembling a tune, and about three songs in we're treated to one of the sharpest and most indelible songs of this era bar-none, The Letter's riveting "Nobody Loves Me" circa 1980. The Really 3rds brandish a dab of Brit Invasion persuasion, I'd swear Anorexia's "Pets" was born in CBGB's, and Joe 9T and The Buzz's "Insanity" is a sassy slammer with energy and hooks to spare. Have at it.

01. Future Bodies - Terrorist
02. Beez - Do the Suicide
03. The Letters - Nobody Loves Me
04. Really 3rds - Everday, Everyway
05. G Squad - In My Mind
06. Dansette Damage - NME
07. Cybermen - Where's the New Wave
08. Blitzkrieg Bop - UFO
09. Buzzards - We Make Noise
10. A.V.O. 8 - Gone Wrong
11. Push - Cartridge Stamp
12. Private Sector - Just Wanna Stay FRee
13. Valves - It Don't Mean Nothing at All
14. The K9's - Idi Amin
15. Joe 9t & the Thunderbirds - Joe 9t Theme

Hear

4 comments:

Captain J.mo said...

I just wanted to let you know how I much I appreciate you sharing these. I can't wait to check out the last three volumes!

trgec said...

Cheers,for all of us familiar to compilations like this one,nothing specials...already known names and songs on all six volumes,I'm hardly awaiting some unheard/uncomped compilation...and so far,Bored Teenagers serie is miles away from any other series(Bloodstains,Spunkstains,England Belongs To Me...) with some overpriced and overlooked Uk stuff...

WDM said...

Excellent stuff and hope the rest will follow, cool post. THX 👍

Dwayne Ray said...

Just so ya know, since I haven't commented before I think. I have a Power Pop / RnR radio show on KUZU 92.9FM in Denton, TX and have gotten some great stuff from you over the years and have been playing them on the radio. Thanks!