Saturday, August 25, 2018

Adrian's Childhood - Sometimes I Feel Myself That Way (1990)

The little spoken of Adrian's Childhood were from said to hail from Seattle, but amazingly don't emanate a shred o' grunge.  More like turn of the decade alt-rock with nods to the likes of the Connells, Ocean Blue, and for better or worse Live (the band).  There's some tastefully executed jangle sprouting now and again, really benefiting some of AC's most potent offerings like "Ellensberg" and the deliciously sprite and spry "POP."  

I'm not in possession of a physical copy of this one, but whomever converted it to digital, I thank them for going to the effort, and furthermore for attaching four extra cuts that were independent of the Sometimes LP itself.  Given their rawer (and sometimes untitled) nature I have to assume these are demos, which just so happen to rival the album's finest moments.

01. Ellensberg
02. Tang a Tang
03. Joe's Ice Cream
04. POP
05. Til the Morning Comes
06. Chunk
07. Rena
08. AD
09. Lucy
10. Peppermills
11. untitled
12. untitled
13. New Moon

Hear

9 comments:

DeathDealer said...

Thanks! This is a new one. Nice find.

Dea Noa said...

Wow!!
Really a great album!!
Thank you, Spavid!!!

spavid said...

You're welcome.

Robert said...

Not sure how you got to Adrian's Childhood but thanks for keeping it alive and reviewing. If you'd be interested in a clear vinyl LP copy I think I have a few laying around. Best Robert ~ Vocalist / Guitarist Adrian's Childhood

spavid said...

Hi Robert. I didn't see your comment until now. I'd love a copy of the record if you still have one to spare. You're welcome to email me: trusty73@roadrunner.com

Much appreciated.

Steve Kirks said...

Just picked this up on vinyl in a record store in Springfield, MO - criminally underrated. Clear vinyls with “toast” insert. How is this not available to stream anywhere?!

Robert said...

Hi Steve, its on Spotify as of last year.

leland e said...

Hey Robert I made a discogs for Adrian's Childhood hope you can check it out! https://www.discogs.com/release/29837137-Adrians-Childhood-Sometimes-I-feel-myself-that-way. Me and my wife found it in a a little record store in Nanaimo, BC and we love it. Would love some more info about you guys.
Many thanks!

Robert said...

Hey Leland e,

Thanks so much for doing that! It made all the guys smile. We're all doing different stuff now and in various places. I still live in the Seattle area, Married, two dogs, four cats, and a horse. I work in global technical solutions for a large US-based company. I still play and write, primarily for myself now. :-)
Doug moved to NY a couple years ago and still plays shows now and then with a band out east.
Mike moved to LA, back to Seattle, then back to LA. He works in the film industry now.
Brian is a father and owns a nice restaurant a few miles from me.
We all still keep in touch as it was a bit of a brotherhood that formed in those days.

We're so grateful that people still listen to the album and to hear where the album shows up!

All the best,

Robert