Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Rude Buddha - Blister My Paint ep (1985, Green Triangle)

So you say you're a Rude Buddha fan (all two of you)?  I guess you can chalk that up to depriving yourself of sleep in the wee hours of the morning with your gaze fixed on MTV to witness their briefly-in-rotation clip for "No More Gravy."  That was actually in 1988, so I bet ya didn't know they had a couple records to their credit earlier in the decade?  Here's one of 'em, and this co-ed combo waste nary a second of it...on side one anyway.  That's where you'll find more of the structured tunes, considerably crooked to begin with.  Brian Daley and Jenny Wade trade off on vocals, the latter of whom has a particularly unique warble.  I'm more partial to Daley whose dexterous digits tickle the fretboard in a nimble and clangy manner I'm such a sucker for.  Depending where the stylus lands there's some sheer magic going on here.  After the jump, you'll find the video I referenced above.



01. Blister My Paint
02. Economic War
03. So Long Darling
04. I'm Packing My Suitcase
05. Hagar and Ishmael
06. What You're Looking For

Hear

2 comments:

Coop said...

I actually started with Blister My Paint back around 1988 or 1989, when I found it in a dollar bin at my favorite record store in East Lansing Michigan. It was a copy that had been sent to a radio station and had a signed press kit in it with xerox copies of a bunch of articles about them. I've collected most of the other things they put out and still love them... I never actually caught No More Gravy on 120 minutes at the time. I've got everything transferred into WAV and MP3 if you have any interest. :)

Unknown said...

I was friends with them in Charlottesville, VA back in the mid-80s. They were nice people. I worked with the lead singer Jenny's boyfriend at a restaurant. Hope they doing okay.