Saturday, September 12, 2015

Korova Milk Bar - Talkings Boring (1989, Subway Organization)

Fair to say this one's a bit of a cold case.  No substantive mentions of the co-ed and presumably British Korova Milk Bar outside of Discogs.  Sonically nothing innovative here, but their overarching penchant appeals to me, as I'm picking up traces of Mighty Lemon Drops, Family Cat, Echo and the Bunnymen, and various C86 indie and Madchester swill.  Everything about Talkings... strikes me as a bit casual and random, without anything too deliberate on KMB's part to claim a definitive identity here.  A few dandy tunes though, with "Peculiar Patrica," "Calling Me Again" and "Satisfy" leaving the widest impressions.  There's some dafter moments as well, but I'll let you sort those out for yourself.  Per Discogs, only the first eight tracks comprised the album itself, with the remainder coming from an ep or two. Definitely a vinyl rip, but I don't own a physical copy. I purloined this one off Emusic way back in the good old days when it was a $20/month all you can eat buffet.

01. Something Missing
02. Breakdown
03. Calling Me Again
04. Desolate Despair
05. Satisfy
06. Killing Me
07, I Can't See
08. Stoney Ground
09. Do it Again
10. Something Will Happen
11. Off With Her Head
12. Peculiar Patricia

Hear

5 comments:

Bruce K. said...

What the heck, not exactly a ringing endorsement, but there's just enough in the write up for me to think that if you bothered posting it, then I should bother to listen to it.

spavid said...

Hope you enjoy Bruce. You're sure to find something of redeeming quality here.

Uncle Zitty said...

Korova Milk Bar were from Birmingham. Formed from another local band "Surf Drums".
Their singles were produced by Richard March (Pop Will Eat Itself, Bentley Rhythm Ace).
Keyboard/backing singer Annie Taylor went on to marry Richard, both are now teachers. They drink in my local pub......

passepartout78 said...

Hi! Could you reup Korova Milk Club? Plese.
Thank you, Riccardo

James Sand said...

Hey Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. I will come back to your site and keep sharing this information with us.
Surveyforcustomers