Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ten Ton Bridge - tape (1993)

Along with likeminded Twin Cities kin the Magnolias and Titanic Love Affair, Ten Ton Bridge fell far short of reaping the bountiful harvests their celebrated forebearers Soul Asylum and the Replacements cultivated, but I'm sure it wasn't for lack of trying.  The three track demo I'm sharing tonight was a precursor to their first proper album, Eager to Please, which wouldn't be brought to market until 1997.  You know the drill by now - deftly crafted songs, sturdy riffs, and that always essential melodic prowess to hem it up nice and tight.  Unlike just about any of the aforementioned combos I rattled off, I do have to admit that TTB don't flaunt much in the way of attitude, but nonetheless their formula not only sticks, but packs a sizable punch.  I would be remiss if I failed to note that the group's third album, Landfall was issued in 2010.  Finally, I have an earlier TTB demo, Abe, if anyone's itching to hear it.

01. Shut Ins
02. Fear Tomorrow
03. Knocked Out

Hear

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these guys! Being from Minnesota, I was exposed to a ton of great music back in the day.