Monday, April 25, 2011

Singles Going Single #170 - The Bardots "Carrion" 7" (1995, Che)

It almost goes against my better judgement to dedicate an entry to this one, given the rather heinous amount of snaps, pops and static that seem to permeate every second of this wax, but the A-side "Carrion," lures you in with a visceral swell of dream-pop distortion, only to diminish seconds later making way for a knockout hook that's Sloan by way of Straitjacket Fits.  Sorry for not sounding more enthused.  A lot of you imbibed The Bardots Eye-Baby disk that I shared all the way back in '08, so I thought I'd throw this overdue morsel your way.  The flip, "Making Money" is less high-strung, and the vinyl noise is virtually intolerable, but alas, I believe it's exclusive to this single.  "Carrion" on the other hand was also featured on the Bardots V-Neck album.  Stay tuned for more Bardots in the not-too-distant future.   

A. Carrion
B. Making Money

Hear

1 comment:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oooh, thanks for this! One of the few Bardots releases I don't have.