Full Fathom Five, the Dangtrippers, and the Hollowmen, all of whom subscribed to roughhewn, left-of-the-dial guitar rock. Claude Pate up the ante even more with the riff-roaring "My Turn," while the grungey and relatively renown House of Large Sizes would have made a superb fit for Sub Pop's late '80s roster, at least based on what I hear on "One and Half On a Hill." Moveable Feast and The Shy Strangers are almost as much as the aforementioned. This compilation and it's successor, It's Another Iowa Compilation - Uncharted Territories, were also made available on Nothin' Sez Somethin' blog, but this is from my own static and pop-ridden rip that you can download in one fell swoop. Sorry in advance for all the pesky surface noise.
01. Drednex - Sally Anne
02. The Hollowmen - Never Ending Ceiling
03. Full Fathom Five - Why Their Faces Are So Worn
04. Dangtrippers - Sidewalking
05. Claude Pate - My Turn
06. House of Large Sizes - One and a Half on a Hill
07. Cursing Birds - Popey Sally
08. Shellgame - The Dam Has Broken
09. David Brooks - Music Boy
10. The Shy Strangers - Heat Ray
11. Moveable Feast - Teddy Through the Grass
12. The Eclectics - When I Was Young
13. Four Million - War and Peace
CORYELL - st LP w Barefoot Boy LP w larry coryell - spaces LP w CORYELL bw MOUZON - Back Together Again LP 77 w CORYELL bw CATHERINE - Splendid LP 78 - Rest In Peace, Larry Coryell aged 73 from last week. Incredible musician who enjoys the extremes in musical expression, from hard rock raw sounding all ...
2 hours ago