Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Philisteens - Turn Up the Music ep (1982, Radio Free America)

Here's the third, and perhaps last record I will ever have the pleasure of sharing by one of the finest bands to ever call Albuquerque, NM their home. A lot of you were blown away by the Philisteens self-titled LP, which I posted this past March, and for damn good reason I might add. I believe this four-cut ep preceded the album by a few months (or was is the other way around)? Another very convincing set of up-tempo power pop, a la a punked-up incarnation of the Knack and other groups of that ilk. My particular copy of Turn Up the Music, was pre-owned by a college radio station, hence some of static and pops, not to mention magic marker gibberish on the sleeve (which I was mostly able to Photoshop out). Should I find a cleaner copy a re-rip will be headed your way, but for now, enjoy as is.

01. Turn Up the Music
02. She's Got You
03. She Tells Me Nothing
04. Dead and Gone

Hear

1 comment:

icastico said...

I don't remember which one came out first, but I remember them playing songs off of this one at a HS dance back in the day.