Friday, November 28, 2008

Nyack (ex-Aenone) - 11 Track Player (1995, Echo)

In response to my Aenone post a little while back, someone requested some tuneage from Nyack, essentially Aenone rechristened with a new moniker, and more significantly, an almost entirely renovated sound. As anyone who has listened to their two eps will tell you, Aenone were through-and-through dream-pop on par or superior to most of their early '90s counterparts. Strip them of their flange and distortion pedals (most of 'em that is), and accord them with an appreciation of those fabled three chords, and voila, you've got yourself a Nyack on your hands, my friends. 11 Track Player oozes power-pop aplenty, touching upon Superdrag, Teenage Fanclub, and the numerous likenesses thereof, with perhaps the only anomally being the closing "Sunrise In My Head," offering a little Jesus & Mary Chain headiness. I've been told that "Savage Smile" was the emphasis track here, and furthermore was made a single. You can hear more Nyack trax from the band's above linked Myspace page.

01. Lost In You
02. Knumb
03. I'm Your Star
04. Heartsore
05. Summersleeper
06. I Remember Red
07. Savage Smile
08. Evergreen
09. Sepia
10. All That Shines
11. Sunrise In My Head

Hear

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi, i really love this Nyack - 11 Track Player Album. If it's possible, can you please upload their songs in mediafire so that I can download them because I could not access rapidshare. PLEASE!!! THANKS!!!