Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rotator Cuff - s/t ep (1995, Park 'n' Ride)

Just when I was about to write off this Highland Park, NJ as a heretofore forgotten, mid-90s delight, I discover that not only am I no longer their sole admirer in the universe, they even had a video for this ep's leadoff cut, "Alfa Romeo," that garnered a spin or two on MTV's 120 Minutes.So far as I know, this ep was their only release. Borrowing their name from an anatomical term given to the group of muscles and their tendons that act to stabilize the shoulder (or so says Wikipeida). You Tube's Rotator Cuff bio enlightened me 
further: 

Rotator Cuff created a buzz following the release of an EP with the single "Alfa Romeo" on Park N Ride Records out of San Francisco. The Video for Alfa Romeo was featured on MTV's120 Minutes and the music on House of Style, The Real World and Unfiltered. The band featured Joe Woelf, Gary Kaplan, Rob Farrell and Dave Turov. Gary and Rob both are currently in the bands The Fletchers and The Anderson Council, respectively. 

Playing chiming, indie guitar pop, Rotator Cuff's unassuming sound was heightened with a mild downer vibe that kept the procedings that much more intriguing. The ep was produced by Kramer of Shimmy Disc Records fame. If you enjoyed my previous Edsel post, Rotator Cuff are sure to entice. 

01. alfa romeo
02. hot
03. nisku
04. your fault or mine?
05. 2nd friend

Hear

7 comments:

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spavid said...

I'm afraid that's all the Dynamic Truths ever released, at least as far as I know. Wish there was more myself!

chad said...

i remember seeing the Rotator Cuff video back in the day on 120 minutes, in the same episode as a Knapsack video. i wrote both names down because at the time they were both new bands to me and i wanted to track down their releases... well, we all know that Knapsack blew up pretty big after that but Rotator Cuff seemed to be lost to the mists of time. in those days pre-internet i never did find anything by RC although i became a huge Knapsack (and Jealous Sound) fan. Rotator Cuff's name popped into my head sometime last year out of the blue and thru some sleuthing and the miracles of the interweb i was able to score an actual copy of the cd, but i had a hard time really finding anything about the band online. Cool to see i'm not alone in my appreciation.

Melon said...

Gary Kaplan used to be in Dandelion Fire. Any chance of finding their stuff.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Feel free to contact me either @ http://www.youtube.com/user/seriousmachines

or @ www.thefletchersmusic.com

I can send you what ever you music or video want... it is all about the love of music....thanks for your interest ...Gary K (the fletchers)

ant said...

Any chance of uploading this one? I remember this band from 20 years ago. Lost me CD around 2000.